Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Comics: Guardians Of The Galaxy #0.1

I usually work 2-10pm. So on Wednesdays I get to the comic shop right when they open, before I go to work. Today was different. I was at a seminar for work from 8-4:30, so I just hit up the comic shop on the way home. To pass the time during the seminar, i hopped on www.comicbookroundup.com to see if any reviews were already posted for this week's books. At that point Guardians Of The Galaxy #0.1 had an overall rating of 8.0. I read the review.


It praised the artwork by Steve McNiven endlessly. Hmm... I do love McNiven's artwork. His work on Civil War was beyond epic. I was on the fence about this title leading up to the release. I'm excited for Marvel's cosmic focus with Nova, and I have a feeling that this will be a good book, but I just didn't feel like getting another monthly title. I caved at the last second. I bought it. A total impulse buy.

Hot damn! I am psyched for this series. McNiven's pencils are amazing. There's a beautiful two page sequence with no dialogue, showing two characters falling in love. Brian Bendis, who I'm sure is writing about 25 books for Marvel every month now, is an excellent writer. The man can write Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, and apparently Guardians Of The Galaxy. This issue gives you everything you need to know about the leader of the Guardians, Star Lord.

Oh yeah, we also get our first shot of the newest member of the Guardians: Iron Man. Between this and Nova, I'm diving head first in to Marvel's cosmic adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment