Monday, June 13, 2011

Comics: Articles I Wrote For www.PopMatters.com

After fooling around with blogspot for a while now, I've decided there is no easy way for me to organize my writing. So, I will just have to categorize my titles for quick reference. Notice the "Comics:" in the title... take a guess what that means. This post is all about... Comics! Here are the links:

Here is the link for my page, containing all my articles. But just in case that is a little overwhelming, (and just because I want to go a little more in depth) i will give you a link-by-link, walk through of my favorites.

Maximum Carnage: A Look Back was my first piece published on PopMatters. It was a feature that was on the web site's front page for a few days, and remained on the Comics page for close to a month before getting archived. One of the pieces I am most proud of. Non-comic people can easily understand this.

Slingers is one of my favorite comic book series of all time. Might not be as easily-accessible as the first article, but this one is shorter.

This Was Then: Godzilla - Age of Monsters was such a fun graphic novel to read. Godzilla will always hold a very special place in my heart, and this review does him justice.

This Was Then: Prodigal was another series I read for my blog while writing for PopMatters. I think this is my best review. If you only read one of these, please... this is the one to judge my writing by.

-Note- I mentioned my displeasure with the PopMatters editorial staff before. They butchered these articles grammatically. There are SO many times they make me sound repetitive. Like they wanted to restructure a sentence, but didn't delete the first part of it after they made their revision. So don't hold grammatical errors in these articles against me.

-Randy
Currently: At work, listening to Ludo

No comments:

Post a Comment