Thursday, January 31, 2013

Comics: Godzilla #2

(Originally written on June 21, 2012)

Wow. Talk about being blindsided. The first 4 pages put tears in my eyes. We see images of Godzilla, Kumonga, and Angurius destroying some cities. There are no sound effects or voices, merely caption boxes displaying text messages and tweets from people trying to talk to their loved ones during the chaos.


"HELP"

"pls send help I don't know the intersection don't know where i am"
"buried help"
"love you grace"
"@LexiUSA Where are u?"
"@LexiUSA cmon honey, where are you? Talk to me."
"So this is the way it ends... with a tweet. Love and luck to you all."

When I pick up a Godzilla comic, like any Godzilla movie, I expect a good time. Giant monsters fighting each other. Yea, the cities get destroyed, but the buildings are always empty, right? Apparently not this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment